Friday, January 29, 2010

"My Gardener"




I have a personal gardener......my hubby!!! We have been bugging him to take up a hobby...relax and enjoy life a bit-take time to "smell the roses"! He finally has done just that!! He began a couple years ago by raising geraniums from seed-on the kitchen table in Olympia, then once his babies were big enough, he brought them home. Last year I had a variety of over 300 geraniums to beautify our yard!! Once Gary had success with his flowers, he decided to raise a variety of gourds-which led into a family adventure....planting a garden! He even found a small tractor and bought it to make gardening a bit easier-or more fun!! We had carrots, radishes, corn, jalepeno peppers, a variety of melons, cantalope, giant pumpkins, onions, cucs, squash and tons of gourds! He has BIG plans for this years garden!



...Great Uncle Gary showing off his gourds to his great neices!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Deb- and congrats. Great job!!!
    I love Gary's garden too.

    ReplyDelete