Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Retreat



I so love my front porch...my favorite place to take a break from weeding and rock-n-rest. So peaceful, shady and quiet-a place to enjoy some of my flowers. My matching rocking chairs were a gift from my husband for my birthday a few years back. We had been to Arkansa for a visit and whenever we go to the south we ALWAYS go to Cracker Barrell-that is a requirement by me!!! I was drooling over the rockers...unknown to me my husband ordered a set and had them delivered. They were shipped to his moms and then my dad "snuck"-is that a word?!?!-down to her house to put them together. I went down there and was secretly disappointed that SHE got the chairs when I had so wished for one! Surprise!!!!!-they were for me!! I was thrilled-one of my very favorite things that my husband has done for me-he also gave me a swing to enjoy...HE loves to take a nap there and read his newspaper! He is GREAT at surprises and I love them!! Thanks, honey-I will forever be grateful for my rockers!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love stuff like that, too. Your house is the perfect garden retreat! Very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- it's beautiful and relaxing.
    I love your retreat.
    ( Australia.. that's cool!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete